The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Saturday 27 August 2016

Shabby Chandelier


Hello everyone!

It has been an excellent summer of treasure hunting for me.    One of  my prettiest finds was this chandelier which cost me £3.  Now as you can tell, the condition is somewhat poor, and it would need restoring and re-wiring to make it a functioning light fitting again.  Will I do that?  Probably not.  There's something about it's rusty, chippy paint and faded pink hues that I adore, so I will leave it as it is for now, and pop it into the odd photo as a prop.  It is the true definition of shabby chic.  It looks rather lovely in my summer house for now so maybe I will hang it in there for a touch of faded grandeur with it's flowers and rusty patina.

We are still camping down at Dorset, and I have some wonderful photographs of the vintage fairground rides that I can't wait to share with you next week!  We have had such a brilliant time.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Tamsyn x
Share:

2 comments

  1. Ah this is beautiful 💕 Hope you enjoy the rest of your hols xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, its my dream to find one of these! xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig