The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Saturday 11 January 2014

Before Pictures...And Thank You












 Dear all

I hope you've had a lovely week!  
First of all, I'd like to thank you from the bottom of the heart for all your lovely messages.  I was so touched by all the beautiful messages I received on the blog, on Twitter and via Facebook.  This week I have felt like a lioness, with so much support behind me, it's been breathtaking.  Thank you all so much.
The move on Monday went well.  I left the house without looking back, I made sure I didn't do 'one last look round' because I knew I would start to reminisce about the good times had there.  The only slight moment I had was when I was sat in my car, packed to the roof, and I saw a little note rolled up and tied to the bush that divided the front of our house with our neighbours.  My daughters school friend lives there, and they leave notes for each other in the bush, sometimes tied with ribbon, or string. That was the moment that nearly got me.  When it was time though, I pulled out the drive, turned up the stereo and didn't look back.  This is the song I had on my little car stereo, and I cranked it up loud!
When I arrived at the new house I had a few minutes alone before the removal men started bringing boxes in, so I quickly ran round and took these shots on my phone.  They're not the best pictures, but you can see the issues I'll be dealing with!  I haven't prettied them up - they show the house in it's raw, unloved state. 
Most of this week has been spent dealing with pulling out the old carpets (very therapeutic!), cleaning, and making the best we can out of mouldy walls.  The previous owner rented three bedrooms out to his friends, and although they were a pleasant bunch, cleaning was clearly not on their agenda.  I did know this however the first time I looked round, and in a way I think it was a fortunate thing as it may have put off many other prospective buyers! 
I love this house so much already, I sleep so well here and the rooms are big, bigger than I remember.  We have achieved a great deal this week, thanks to my parents and my wonderful friends Lucy and Theresa.
We have already uncovered some lovely features which I will share with you in my next post!

Tamsyn x

Share:

11 comments

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling like a lioness just now :)! Your house does look like it's needing some love and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do. The rooms look huge and have lovely fireplaces too.
    Good luck in your new home :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tamysn, the place looks full of potential and I especially love the fire places. It's going to look wonderful once you've put your stamp on it, and I can't wait to see how it progresses. :) Leanne at Knit me a cake x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have serious house envy Tamsyn! Your new place is beautiful - I love all the original fire places and features!! I can't wait to see what you do with the place, but no doubt it will be beautiful. I wish you all the best in your new home and good luck with it all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, I can see so much potential. I can already visualise the wonders you will create within these walls. I believe you were meant to transform this house & fate has brought you together xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unloved, but soon to be transformed into a palace. So glad to hear that your feeling good. The power of support, eh? Just marvellous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking I couldn't face another 'project' house, with the kids and my little business, but looking at your pics inspires me to do another one. The jewellery making might have to take back seat while I did it though. :-)I will watch your progress with interest.Looking forward to seeing the house blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Tamsyn it is truly beautiful! I've been where you are now and this looks the perfect place to restore.. Both house and yourself. I can't wait to see what you do with it! A huge well done lady! Keep that lioness head held high! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, reading this made me proud (which is odd as I've only met you once!). But being strong, moving on and looking to the future isn't easy and yet you're doing it with gusto and grace. I hope you have many happy years in this house and create some unforgettable memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done - it looks an absolute gem, and I can already tell that it's going to be stunning when you're finished with it. I ADORE old houses - so much character to unearth and discover! Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much for your wonderful, lovely comments - I really appreciate you all taking the time to write, and I love reading them, so thank you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of your pictures look very familiar (the mould/damp on the walls!) We are five weeks away from starting a MASSIVE renovation job at our house (doubling it in size) daunting, but excitin! I will enjoy watching yours come along too!

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig