The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Tuesday 6 January 2015

What A Difference A Year Makes...



Hello everyone!  I hope January is treating you well so far!

So, it's one year ago today that I moved into my beloved house (see my post from a year ago here).  I remember my hands shaking as I unlocked my front door for the first time.  I had the removal men waiting to unload the lorry, so I ran round the house and snapped some pictures on my phone.  And I felt like I was meant to be here.  This weekend, I thought it would be fun to take the same pictures - to remind myself how far I have come on my journey of turning this house into a home.  One thing's for sure - I don't miss that brown carpet one bit! :)

Tamsyn x
Share:

17 comments

  1. Oh my goodness. It's so beautiful. It's amazing what you've achieved in just a year, you put me to shame!
    Here's to another great year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be so proud of yourself, you've created a warm and welcoming (and BEAUTIFUL) home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandra, I do love it so much! xx

      Delete
  3. That's wonderful, you are very creative. Especially using white color is very very good, I wish you success...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have really worked some magic here! You must be so proud of how far this house has come. It has moved from being a nightmare with good bones, to a home anyone would be proud to call their own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bronwyn, it has been a huge challenge but I'm so happy with the results! xx

      Delete
  5. What am amazing achievement in one year - well done you! If anyone asks you about your personal style, you can just lead them around your lovely home. Happy 2015 to you - what will you do next? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie! Am very much looking forward to finishing the decorating this year, and maybe replanting the scruffy front garden - watch this space! xx

      Delete
  6. Just WOW and thank you! You are so inspiring to me! xoxo, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Alexandra that's so lovely to hear, thank you! xx

      Delete
  7. You have a beautiful home - well done on a stunning transformation - Your hard work has certainly been worthwhile. Enjoy your home, Niki :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your house! I found you on Instagram and fell in love straight away.
    Im currently saving for my own house myself and yours is such an inspiration :D
    I'm just wondering how you did the white wood flooring?

    Is it the natural wood floor just revamped? Or is it a seperate layer?

    Tell me your secrets? :P

    www.blondedaisychains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks gorgeous!! Also wonder what floor paint was used as looks so good? ☺

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig