The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 12 December 2013

Little Christmas Tree






Hello everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying the run up to Christmas!  As per every year, I am in a mild state of panic, and writing lots of lists.  Organising the children's flurry of school activities is in itself a military operation - school Christmas lunch, writing cards and forgetting to put the names on the sealed envelopes, carol service for each of them, wear a festive hat for £1, party clothes in a named bag today, festive jumper tomorrow, is kung fu still happening after school, wrap the teacher's presents etc etc....my head is spinning from information overload.  I'm looking forward to enjoying some of the simple pleasures in the next couple of weeks, because isn't that what it's all about really?    

One part of the many festive pleasures for me is of course the decorating.  As much as I adore a huge Christmas tree which takes up half the dining room, I do love to have some mini trees dotted around the house.  I love them even more when they are placed in steely grey galvanised vintage buckets, or rusty containers such as the one above, a lucky car boot find.  It's always fun to play around with textures, so in contrast to the rustic, solid feel of the bucket, I've decorated the tree with the shiniest, most delicate vintage silver bells.  The cupboard they stand upon was £5 from a car boot fair many years ago, I painted it and added rusty cup handles.  My little heart shaped baking tins added another shiny silver element to the whole display, simple yet beautiful.  A little oasis of calm amongst the chaos!

Just a reminder that I recently made my Instagram account public, and you can find me here, so please do pop over a take a look, lots of vintage prettiness and pastel colours.

Tamsyn x

Share:

6 comments

  1. The bells look really nice on your tree! It does make your home look more festive when you have a couple of smaller ones around. I did buy a smaller one a couple of years ago for the kitchen so you have just inspired me to do the same again this year. Love the vintage decorations you have on another post, (my mum has similar ones) they are gorgeous :)

    wantingtobeadomesticgoddess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, thank you so much! I think I got this tree from Homebase last year, they usually have a nice selection of mini trees, so worth popping in if you have one nearby! Tamsyn x

      Delete
  2. Lovely idea, we have gone for a big ttraditional tree this year but I like your idea so much may have to buy a few little ones too! ?
    Samantha createsamantha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha, hope you had a lovely Christmas! I love trees, and I say the more the merrier! x

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, I love this little tree. We have a small one in our dining room to go with the large one in our living room, but I doubt I'll be able to keep it alive until next year :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've managed to keep two little trees alive just by potting them up and putting them in the garden, I think it's definitely worth a try, lots of watering in the summer is they key :-) x

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig