The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 27 December 2013

Craft Blog Club Secret Santa






Hello everyone!

I hope you have had a magical few days!  Despite the children taking turns to be ill, we have managed to have a really lovely time.  We are now down at my parents for a few days in East Sussex, where there will be lots of curling up in front of fires, and drinking tea.

As I have mentioned before, I take part in a weekly Twitter 'tweet-up' called #craftblogclub.  It takes place on a Tuesday evening from 7pm, is organised by the lovely Emma at Life is Peachy Tales blog, and is a place to show your crafting makes, bounce blog ideas around, and meet lots of lovely crafty/blogging types.  The last craft challenge Emma set us was for Halloween, you can see my post on my fabric pumpkins here.  Our next challenge was to take part in a #craftblogclub Secret Santa, and the brief was to make a personalised gift for your recipient.

I absolutely LOVE the gift I received, and when I opened it I was genuinely touched, so much thought had gone into it.  (Apologies for the picture of my sausage fingers, but I had to show you them on!)  Emma at Girl in Knits Crafts blog crocheted me these divine wrist warmers in the most beautiful colours.  Not only that, but they arrived wrapped in gorgeous vintage kimono fabric, which I might put in a frame.  Thank you so much Emma!

I made a bag for Emma at Life is Peachy Tales blog, and although it wasn't finished as beautifully inside as I would have liked (time got the better of me!)  I was pleased with the finished result.  I chose muted, vintage colours, and personalised it by adding a little linen label with her name stamped on it.

I love this time between Christmas and new year, I'm going to use it to catch up on all the blogs I read, and gather inspirations for 2014 - what plans do you all have?

Tamsyn x

Share:

3 comments

  1. I LOVE these gifts — the rainbow wool of the wrist-warmers is sooo beautiful — and the bag you've made is fabulous!! Such a lot of talent in our little #craftblogclub! It's fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much, and yes my wrist warmers are just gorgeous! And agree, #craftblogclub is just lovely, a chance to bring a bit of crafting into our busy lives! :)

      Delete
  2. Those wrist warmers look so cosy and the colours are gorgeous. I love the little bag you made for Emma, especially the little personalised tag! #craftblogclub has been so very inspirational - long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig