The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Monday 22 August 2016

Makeover Reveal : Jade Green Front Door


Hello everyone, I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

A couple of weeks ago I shared this moodboard with you, explaining my current obsession with this particular shade of jade green.  The lovely folks at Valspar very kindly helped me out with some paint for this project, and not only do they have a rainbow choice of colours to choose from, they also mix paint in any shade you like.  I decided to go with Enchanted Mermaid for my interior front door, which I knew would 'pop' agains white walls and woodwork, and I'm completely in love with it, it makes me smile very time I see it!  It has transformed what was a very ordinary front door into a thing of beauty, it almost has an exotic feel to it with the little shaped panes of glass in the top row, and the stained glass at the very top.  I added some beautiful vintage sari fabric as a summery curtain, and I love the contrast of the purple against the green.  The paint is lovely to use, glides on easily and the coverage was amazing.  I need a splash of this colour elsewhere in my house, and a couple of little cupboards in the house are now earmarked for a makeover with the remaining paint!

Just a little reminder that this blog is up for an Interior Blog Award, and I would be so grateful if you could spare a second to vote!  You can vote for me here - thank you so much if you have already voted, I really appreciate it.

Have a great Monday!

Tamsyn x
Share:

2 comments

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig