The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 4 September 2014

Styling The Seasons - September



Hello everyone, I hope you're having a fantastic start to September!

I was so excited when the lovely Katy at Apartment Apothecary asked me to take part in a new monthly blog series, called Styling The Seasons.  She has started this project along with Charlotte from Lotts and Lots blog, and the idea is to style any surface, according to what that month means to you and the way you decorate your home.  It's such a lovely idea, and it really made me take some time to think about how I was going to style my post.

So the focus for my post this month, are my hydrangeas, which I cut for drying every September.  It's a final, glorious, floral flourish, after a season of peonies, stocks and roses.  It fills my home with flowers, and also feels like I'm bringing a bit of the outside in, prolonging summer for just a little longer!  I use the water drying method, which is so easy - I cut long stalks, remove the leaves, and place in a vase of water until the water evaporates.  The flowers are dry in time for christmas, perfect for making a hydrangea wreath (you can see my tutorial guest post I did for Katy last year here). 
 Moving away from the sugary pastel hues of spring and summer, I've gone for muted pastel shades, which are echoed in some of my favourite vintage finds from the summer.   

I'm already thinking about how I'm going to style my shots for October - anyone can join in, just use the hashtag #StylingTheSeasons on social media, and tag Katy and Charlotte in too.

Have a wonderful day!

Tamsyn x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig