The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Sunday 21 September 2014

My Bathroom Makeover



Hello everyone, I hope you're having a lovely weekend!

I'm so excited to share my bathroom makeover with you today.  It's taken a fair few months to get it to this stage, and lots of help and favours from my dad, and a friend who works for a heating engineering company.  So, here are the before pictures....
The thing that has made a massive difference was getting rid of the defunct boiler and the cupboard it was in, which has given me so much extra space.  My dad put down a new wooden floor for me as the old boards were in poor condition.  (I recycled the old boards by having a garden table made from them.)  I chose a traditional bath suite from www.bathstore.com, including a roll top bath that fits into the corner so I can have a shower over it.  I love the tongue and groove my dad put in for me - I mixed the soft grey from some colours I already had.  The mirror was of course a car boot fair find, and my beautiful Vernon Ward swan print sits very happily in there too.  I found some very old swan wallpaper in the bathroom which sadly I was unable to salvage, so I'm really happy to get some swan imagery back in there.
I have some more pictures which I will share with you this week!

Tamsyn x
Share:

2 comments

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig