The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Saturday 11 June 2016

Paint Chart Art




Hello everyone!

This old frame is one of two that I bought at the car boot fair last weekend.  I love an old picture frame, especially if it has ornate plasterwork, original gold paint, or in the case of this one, original chippy paint in a pale pinky neutral shade.  I love to use them for making little displays - in the past I've used them for an Easter display, for displaying Christmas baublesframing old prints, and a homemade advent calendar.  They are also great for making a mood board, simply by adding mini washing lines and pegging postcards, pictures torn from magazines, anything you fancy!  
I picked up these amazing Valspar Pantone paint cards on my visit to B&Q a few weeks ago (see more here), so I decided to display them in my new (old!) frame.  You could also hang Polaroid style pictures on your washing lines for a lovely photo display, change your pictures around according to the season/mood.

I am super excited this weekend as I am off to learn and be inspired this week!  Not only have I got Blogtacular next Saturday (read more here), but I'm also taking part in a Makelight workshop with the amazing Emily Quinton next Friday, to improve my photography skills for you lovely readers.  I will be posting about my experience, but do follow me on Instagram to see pictures on each day!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tamsyn x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig