The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Saturday 5 October 2013

Car Boot Treasure








Hello everyone!

Just a quick post from me today, but I thought I'd share my latest car boot finds with you all.  
As I've said before, I have a bit of a thing for dinky little vintage chairs.  I can't stop buying them, even though my children consider themselves far too grown up to actually perch their little bottoms upon them.  Anyway, I actually walked past this little blue chair a few times before to deciding to part with £3 - I have no idea why I was undecided, because now I have it, I absolutely love it. The duck egg blue is perfect, and although it's very weathered and worn, I think that adds to it's charm.  And it makes a very cosy spot for giraffe to take a rest.

Next up involved me rummaging through suitcases and suitcases of inky handwritten letter, papers, old school workbooks and other ephemera, from a house clearance lorry.  I adore the beautiful old faded papers and stamps - there are even 1940's bus tickets and laundry bills amongst it all.  A snippet of someone's life.  I came away with a couple of bundles.  I shall use them in collages, mood boards and scrapbooking, maybe even some paper bunting. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tamsyn x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig