The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 3 April 2014

Craft Room Reveal - Part One


Hello everyone!

So, I'm very excited to reveal part one of our new craft room, taa-daa!  In true Tamsyn style, I've still got painting to do but hey, it will all get done eventually!  When I first looked round this house, this room was musty with stuff absolutely everywhere.  When I got the keys, I was horrified to see black mould creeping up the wall (you can see the 'before' picture at the bottom).  I thought about shutting the door, and forgetting about it until later in the year.  It turns out that black mould isn't so terrifying, it's caused by lack of air circulation, especially when too much stuff is stacked in front of a wall and never moved and cleaned.  It washes off easily enough and paint goes over it beautifully.  I did have to spend money on my floor sanding man, but it was worth every penny, because the room is absolutely transformed, and I love it.
The table was a Salvation Army purchase a few years ago, and it extends, which is perfect for when the children want to get all their glue, paint and glitter out.  I'm very aware that it won't stay this pristine but I don't care, I would far rather see them making a mess and having fun!

Tamsyn x
Share:

7 comments

  1. Your house is looking so incredibly beautiful Tamsyn. You make me realise I need to just get my butt in gear and get ours done!

    Jenny | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much Jenny! It's getting there slowly but surely! xx

      Delete
  2. I just discovered your blog and love going through all your posts.
    You have done a wonderful job on your house. Looking forward to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This room is absolutely gorgeous - good for you for sharing it with your children - I would be VERY tempted to keep it ALL for myself - haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love the room, and curtain, could you share where you got it please? Love hayley at www.thecherishedterrace.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hayley, the curtains were from good old Dunelm Mill, I got them in the January sales, but they are by Dormy, who do some really pretty shabby chic style bedlinen and curtains, I'm sure you can get their stuff online! x

      Delete
  5. Beautifully done. Keep smiling and creating. You have turned dingy into Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig