The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Styling The Seasons - December



 Hello everyone!

For this month's styling The Seasons post, I had an idea in my head that I would decorate my mantelpiece in my living room with festive greenery and fairy lights.  However, that was until I found this amazing old French shutter last week, along with these beautiful old pieces of gold lettering.  

Sadly, the shop I bought them from is closing down for good.  For the last 8 years or so, the owner of The Bell Jar has regularly made trips to France, scouring barns, outbuildings, reclamation yards and brocantes, and filling her van with treasure to bring back to Norfolk.  Shutters, rusty urns, ticking and floral fabrics, linens, ornate, crumbling mirrors and chandeliers, were amongst the beautiful things that came back to the shop in Norwich.  The shop itself, with it's incredible peeling plaster walls, stripped wooden floors and rustic fittings, was a work of art in itself - I shall miss this shop dearly.

So, I decided to go a bit theatrical, and decorate my old French shutter for my post this month.  I had so much fun putting it together.  The cute paper shade fairy lights draped at the top of the shutter are from good old Asda.  I love the shutter here so much, that it might become a permanent fixture!

Head over to Katy's blog Apartment Apothecary and Charlotte at Lotts and Lots to see lots of beautiful and inspiring Styling The Seasons posts, or by searching the hashtag #StylingTheSeasons on Instagram.  You can also join in on Instagram by styling a surface in your home according to what that month means to you (don't forget to use the hashtag!). 

Tamsyn x

Share:

1 comment

  1. Gah! This is beautiful and it all works so well together. Such a sham,e about the shop - sounds like a complete gem and that shutter is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig