The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Saturday 4 May 2013

Vintage tablecloths...









Hello all!

I picked up this stash of embroidered vintage tablecloths and placemats from a car boot fair a few weeks ago, after a good rummage in a box full of old textiles.  For me, nothing beats the thrill of finding  something old and beautiful that someone has lovingly hand sewn, and although I may not use them as tablecloths (pretty tablecloths = not an option in my house with two children, spilt drinks and felt tip pens!) I will use them to cover scrapbook albums, make cushion covers and put some in frames.  I'll share some pictures with you of the finished items!

Hope everyone has a wonderful bank holiday weekend, I shall be posting again over the next couple of days as I want to share some sweet little felt shoes I made for a friend as a gift for her new baby.

Tamsyn x 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig