The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 15 July 2016

Birthday Girl




Hello everyone, Happy Friday!

I just wanted to post a few snaps from my sweet girl's birthday yesterday.  We had a really lovely day.  It really hit me how grown up she is getting, when we went to the supermarket on Thursday night to pick up ingredients for the cake I was determined to bake for her.  I hadn't finished work until 3pm, and had been frantically trying to find the right pieces for the food processor, the right sized baking tins etc.  I was in a tizz ( I love that word!) and I knew that I had presents to wrap and decorations to hang once the children had gone to bed.  We walked past the cake aisle and she spotted the perfect chocolate cake.  I muttered some protests - I had a vision in my head of the most Pinterest perfect cake I wanted to bake her, to show her how much I love her.  To which she replied "Mum, this one looks fine.  Don't worry about making one, it's a hassle and you'll have lots of stuff to wash up."  I did feel a wave of relief wash over me, as I'm pretty sure I would have been up until midnight making that cake.  And it was at that point that I realised that she is maturing into a such a kind, thoughtful girl, and I gave her a big hug in the middle of the supermarket aisle.  So a shop bought cake it was!

Sometimes we long to do things that make us look like the perfect parent, but actually I didn't need to bake a cake to make her birthday lovely.  We just needed to spend the day together and have fun, which is exactly what we did.

By the time you read this we will be at Latitude festival, and we will probably be trying to squeeze our tent in somewhere!  

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tamsyn x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig