The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 27 May 2016

Styling The Seasons - May


Hello everyone, Happy Friday!

I've never been so in love with a big, blousey, vibrant floral print as I am at the moment.  Whether it's because I'm feeling bold, brave and ready for new beginnings, or just because my own garden is about to burst open with colour, I don't know.  But I'm drawn to all things floral like a child to a candy shop.  My daughter and I, a couple of weeks ago, found ourselves in B&Q after dropping my little lad off to a party.  We had a very merry hour browsing the paint samples and wallpapers, at which point we stumbled upon the amazing wallpaper you see in the top left of the picture above.  I'm not completely sure I've got the guts to paper any walls in this, but I absolutely love the blooms and butterflies against the black background, so I bought a role to use as a backdrop, maybe cover a box, or line the inside of a vintage cupboard. (Note to the manufacturers - this print would also look awesome on an ivory background!)

You can see my January floral themed Styling the Seasons post here.  Head over to Katy's blog Apartment Apothecary and Charlotte at Lotts and Lots to see lots of beautiful and inspiring Styling The Seasons posts, or search the hashtag #StylingTheSeasons on Instagram.  Why not join in on Instagram by styling your own surface according to what this month means to you?

Tamsyn x 

Share:

1 comment

  1. This is pure floral heaven! You are so clever the way you match florals together and they complement one another rather than clashing or competing. Gorgeous! xx p.s. loving the sound of feeling bold, brave and ready new beginnings xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig