The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 29 August 2014

Vintage Dressing Table



Hello everyone!

I hope you have had a good week, I can't quite believe that the children are back to school next week and that the summer holidays are drawing to a close.  Although it is like a new chapter of the year is starting, with lots of exciting things to look forward to, I'm a little sad that summer is nearly over!

So, here is the final post from my bedroom reveal, and this corner contains one of my favourite vintage finds from last year.  I knew I wanted a really pretty dressing table, so when I saw this beauty at a local auction, I pounced!  I had luck on my side as one of the side triptych mirrors had a crack all the way across, which I think put people off.  I managed to get the glass replaced and I painted it in French Grey by the Little Greene Paint Company.  I love its elegant proportions, plus I finally have lots of drawers to hide away my clutter in.  

The beautiful capiz shell chandelier in the corner has an interesting story behind it.  When I first moved to Norwich about 13 year ago, we had an Oasis clothing shop in the old shopping mall.  One season, this chandelier was part of their window display, and I asked the staff if I could buy it when they had finished with it - they said yes!  I think I paid about £30 - £40 for it.  I think it fits in this corner beautifully.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tamsyn x
Share:

1 comment

  1. Sheer gorgeousness! So beautiful Tamsyn! Enjoy your sanctuary. Tania x

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig