The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Living Room Reveal-Part One









Hello everyone, I hope you're having a fab week!

So, I took lots of pictures on Sunday, and I'm very excited to share with you part one of the unveiling of my new living room!  
When I first viewed this house, I could barely see this room, as there was so much stuff in it.  It was a bedroom, and the curtains were never opened, the bed never made and laundry strewn across the brown carpet.  I think it's fair to say that housekeeping was not top of the previous occupants priorities.  A certain amount of imagination was needed!  I knew it had potential because I could see the beautiful ceiling rose and I could just see a bit of the fireplace, but it wasn't until I saw the room empty on the day I moved in, that I realised how big it was.  I've still got skirting boards to paint in places, in fact I think I'll probably still be painting skirting boards and picture rails this time next year, but it doesn't matter, as the room is pretty much transformed, and I love it.  It's light, bright and clean, and the perfect backdrop now for my vintage treasures.  Now for the fun part of adding the decorative finishing touches!

One of the amazing jobs my Dad did for me last week was to put up my vintage mirror above the fireplace.  I bought it from a lovely lady at a car boot fair a few years ago, I love the peachy colour of the frame and the floral etchings.  I also managed to get the rest of the sticky carpet backing off the beautiful tiles.  Over the last 5 weeks, I've spent 10 minutes here and there scraping it off, quite a satisfying task.  Dad bought some solvent up so that we could get the last few stubborn bits off, to reveal the tiles in their full Emerald City glory.

I'll post again in a couple of days with some more pictures!

Tamsyn x

Share:

1 comment

  1. It must be so satisfying and rewarding to see your hard work, finally. The fireplace looks beautifully restored and is set off perfectly by the vintage mirror - such a gorgeous colour!!

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig