The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 8 October 2015

My DIY Bath Rack


Hello everyone!

So I apologise in advance for these snaps, where you get to have the pleasure of seeing my bathroom tiles with their grubby old grouting in their full glory!  Not the prettiest view I admit!  (I decided they were fine for now and weren't priority to replace when I had my bathroom done.)  
However the view is made slightly prettier by my fabulous new bath tray, which I made myself by wielding a large saw (so satisfying) and chopping up a bit of old pine shelving.  Very easy.  The shelving came out of my attic, and the planks are lovely thick pine, so I knew they'd come in handy for something.  After chopping it, I merely rubbed down the sawn end with a rough bit of sandpaper.  I wanted a Scandinavian, whitewashed look, so I watered down some white eggshell paint and gave it a couple of light coats.  I then applied furniture wax to seal it and voila.  A simple bath tray.  
I intend to track down some rustic French big bars of soap to stack on it - the gorgeous heart shaped soap and dish is from The White Company, and was a birthday gift from a kind friend.  My shower curtain is from Marks & Spencer, who have really stepped up their homeware game recently.
As for the tiles...one day I shall go for subway style I think.  All in good time though!

Tamsyn x
Share:

1 comment

  1. Your bath rack is lovely, and I am over the moon about that shower curtain!!!

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig