The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 16 September 2016

Vintage Turquoise Blanket Box





Hello everyone, Happy Friday!

As I am sat typing this, I have the door in the craft room is wide open and the rain is falling outside.  It is so therapeutic to sit and listen to the sound of rainfall and thunder softly grumbling in the distance, especially after a few days where it has been so hot.  I seem to have spent the last few days in a fluster, cheeks flushed and sapped of energy.  So it is a bit of a relief to finally have some rain (although I am sorry for the folks who are having to deal with flash flooding - such crazy weather).

Anyway, I've found a home for this divine vintage blanket box that I bought at the car boot sale on Sunday.  My bedroom is largely white with pale vintage shades of dusky pinks, so I was interested to see how it was going to work in there.  As it is, I think it's the perfect way to bring a colour pop into this room, especially when stacked high with some of my many throws and eiderdowns.  Not only that but it's incredibly practical, and after a good vacuum and clean inside, it shall be another place where I can store jumpers/jeans/whatever takes my fancy.  I was lucky enough to find this with original paint in this crazy gorgeous shade of turquoise/teal, but don't be afraid to paint a piece of storage or furniture with a brighter shade.  The beauty of paint is that it's only permanent if you want it to be.  In fact I have the little vintage bureau in the background of this picture earmarked for a brighter shade (I've not decided what colour yet!).

Have a wonderful weekend -  thank you so much for your lovely comments this week, so lovely to read!  In case you missed it Wednesday, you can see a 360° virtual tour of my home here.

Tamsyn x
Share:

1 comment

  1. this is so beautiful! never in a million years would I find something like this at a local car boot sale.

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig