The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Saturday 18 October 2014

Styling The Seasons - October



Hello everyone, hurrah for the weekend!  

I for one was very pleased to see the back of this week, as it's been a challenging time here for one reason or another.  The building work is progressing slowly, and I now have a kitchen floor which is exciting.  This week the floor in the dining room which adjoins the kitchen is coming up so that the rotten joists can be replaced.  My budget is now on it's last legs, so I need to plan to do the next steps in the kitchen as economically as possible, which in itself is an interesting project!

So, you may remember that I was asked to take part in 'Styling The Seasons' by the lovely Katy at Apartment Apothecary and Charlotte from Lotts and Lots blog - you can see my September post here.  I dug out my fabric pumpkins which I made last year, and mixed them with some beautiful old books to make a simple but colourful display.  Maybe next year when the house renovations are a fading memory, I will try to do a tutorial for you on making these pumpkins - though you can find many tutorials on Pinterest, (find my boards here) and they are really easy to make.

Katy and Charlotte have invited me to go down to London in November with some other bloggers/Instagramers who have taken part in Styling The Seasons, and I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone.  We are going to Liberty for an afternoon of tea and crafting, which quite frankly, sounds right up my street!  I will be taking my trusty camera with me so hope to be able to share some pictures with you of the loveliness at Liberty.  I also finally took some snaps of the inside of my summer house last weekend, so will be posting those next week, so please do pop back!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tamsyn x
Share:

3 comments

  1. Tamsyn your pumpkins are amazing!
    have a nice October Xlaďka
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, so glad you like them! xx

      Delete
  2. The pumpkins really are amazing, Tamsyn! I love the way everything you do is instantly recognisable because of your unique style. Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig