The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 6 June 2013

Chiffonier and vintage roses...








Hello all, I hope you're all enjoying the gorgeous sunshine this week!

I thought I'd share a corner of my dining room with you today, and I apologise for the number of pictures, but it was hard to narrow it down!  I took these photos first thing in the morning when the sun was pouring through the window, as it's usually a fairly dark room once the sun moves round.  I've tried to keep it as light and bright as possible in there by painting my furniture a soft, milky white.  The chiffonier was a very lucky car boot find from a house clearance guy, and as it had started raining, I got it for a good price including delivery!  The piece itself has seen better days, but for me the imperfections only adds to its beauty, and painting it made it look fresh and pretty, as well as providing great storage space.  At The Rustic Rose we love chiffoniers, and have one very much like this one waiting in the wings, ready to be painted.

The beautiful embroidery in the frame was a car boot find, as were the little vintage bottles which I have collected over the years.  I love to sometimes display single blooms in bottles rather than putting them all in one vase, depending on what mood I'm in!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, the children are staying with lovely relatives whilst we go to London on Saturday to see The Stone Roses in Finsbury Park.  They were were my first favourite band as a young teen, so I'm looking forward to being nostalgic for the day!

Tamsyn x


Share:

3 comments

  1. Love, Love these flowers! A great idea for a wedding :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be gorgeous for a wedding! Can't beat a vintage pink rose! :-)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty, I want something like this in my house!

    Hannah
    x
    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig