The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 6 November 2014

Summerhouse Makeover




Hello everyone!

Summer might seem a bit of a distant memory for us here in the UK, so before I embrace winter completely,  I thought I'd share my summerhouse makeover with you!  I took these pictures a few weeks ago on a gloriously sunny autumnal day - I still have some finishing touches to add, and it's been lovely having another whole room to decorate!

The beautifully shabby iron cot/daybed was my last lucky car boot find back in September.  I have left one of the sides off and my daughter sits and reads books on it.  I love it's little castors and the wonderful patina.  Next spring I think I will make a proper mattress for it and stack a few more cushions on it to make a proper reading nest for her.

The table was a freebie from a family friend, I painted the top mint green but left the chippy legs as they are.  The chiffonier was £40 from a car boot fair a couple of years ago, and although it has seen better days, I think it looks beautiful here in it's sunny spot.  

Next week, progress will be made on my kitchen - stage one of the electrics will be going ahead on Monday, and then my dad is coming up to plum my sink in, and we are going to install some beech worktop too.  I'm so excited and really looking forward to sharing some pictures with you - it's been a long month without a sink in the kitchen!!

Tamsyn x

Share:

5 comments

  1. Oh it's so pretty! What a gorgeous space to curl up with a good read. I just love the bed!
    Have a good day lovely.

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Your summer house is absolutely adorable! Would like to move in the next minute! Brilliant work, my dear! Congratulations!
    Have a happy happy time and all my best from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`m absolutely in love with this makeover ♥ ♥ ♥ Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Tamsyn thank you :-) could you please tell us how you painted the table,i have my grandmothers but,its red & not a colour that will go in my home. Did you just sand to key it less smooth n paint n varnish. What paint would be ideal? Thank you, hope you dont mind me asking :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Tamsyn! What a wonderful place to spend time and you've made it so so so beautiful! Wow. I have serious summer house envy xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig