The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Saturday 25 October 2014

Dining Room - A Work In Progress



 
Hello everyone!

Just a very quick post from me today, but I had to share this sneak peek with you of my dining room - the builders exited stage left yesterday, leaving my bank account empty, but with the most beautiful new floor, which I'm completely in love with.  I'm a little bit dazzled by the transformation, and have found myself stood gazing at it, planning where I'm going to put everything!  The bottom picture was taken a few minutes after I got the keys back in January - the drab walls and dark floorboards sucked every bit of light up, but now the room looks lighter, brighter, and bigger.

As you know, I don't hang around, so I've just got the third coat of varnish down (my favourite Ronseal White Ash varnish).  Skirting boards will have to wait a little bit, but I hope to get some furniture in there tomorrow.  The beautiful old range in the fireplace is original, and I shall share some better pictures with you of it soon, as it's such a lovely feature.  The kitchen still needs a lot of work, but I'm hoping to get some of the floor varnished once I've moved the furniture out.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tamsyn x
Share:

3 comments

  1. Oh beautiful, so light and fresh!
    Have a great weekend...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing the difference the lighter floor and the large mirror makes! Well done for getting straight on with the varnishing!

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig