The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Monday 7 September 2015

Styling The Seasons - September


Hello everyone, I hope you had a lovely weekend.

I make no apology for the glut of floral posts at the moment!  I have come to realise that I am a better gardener for late summer blooming flowers.  I lack the organisation to plant spring bulbs in the autumn - I often buy packets of tulip bulbs with every intention of planting them, only to rediscover them 6 months later in a cupboard.  Indeed, my garden has very few flowers between the months of March and June - e.g. the months everyone else's garden is in full, beautiful bloom!  Instead, mine is in full flourish now, just when we are starting to spend more time inside than out.  

So, for this months Styling the Seasons post, I thought I'd bring the garden inside, and make the most of this floral abundance before it disappears.  I've displayed my blooms en masse in my collection of glass jars, along with my vintage floral postcards and prints for full chintzy effect.  My mint green cupboard was a lucky find at a local vintage furniture/house clearance emporium, and the paint is original - I had to have it!

Head over to Katy's blog Apartment Apothecary and Charlotte at Lotts and Lots to see lots of other beautiful and inspiring Styling The Seasons posts, or by searching the hashtag #StylingTheSeasons on Instagram.  You can also join in on Instagram by styling a surface in your home according to what that month means to you (don't forget to use the hashtag!). 

Tamsyn x 
Share:

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous photos Tamsyn. What a stunning display of flowers - I am very envious of your beautiful Dahlias! And your cupboard is perfect - what a find indeed. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. The combination of the beautiful blooms with the coloured glass, postcards and mint coloured cupboard is just glorious! And thank you for reminding me to plant bulbs!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig